ISPG MEMBERSHIP AND BENEFITS
All who attend the annual World Congress of Psychiatric Genetics (WCPG) will be given a two-year membership to the International Society of Psychiatric Genetics (ISPG). At the end of the two-year membership period, your membership will expire if you have not registered for the next annual WCPG, or renewed your membership by paying your membership dues. The annual membership for full membership is $75.00, students pay $50.00. We hope that all members will actively participate in the Society by regularly attending the WCPG, submitting proposals for presentations and presenting posters, volunteering to serve on committees, and taking part in the election of Board Members and Officers.
• Full membership is open to professionals with interest in the field of psychiatric genetics. This includes but is not limited to: psychiatrists, psychologists, geneticists and scientists in areas pertinent to the discovery of the causes and treatment of psychiatric disorders. New applicants must submit a CV with the completed application.
• Student membership is available for individuals who are either full-time graduate students, medical students, or in the first two years of a post-doctoral fellowship program in a field related to psychiatric genetics. Applicants are required to submit a letter from their immediate supervisor or professor verifying student status.
JOURNAL DISCOUNT – FOR ISPG MEMBERS ONLY:
ISPG members receive a subscription discount to the American Journal of Medical Genetics (AJMG) - Part B). This means an annual online subscription rate of $115 (U.S./Canada/Mexico), or €75. To subscribe to the journal and receive your member discount, click here.
IS IT TIME TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP?
To renew your ISPG membership, click here.
The Officers and Board of Directors of the ISPG are eager to see more members actively engaged in the Society. Your participation will help to achieve the mission and purpose of the Society, which is to:
• Promote and facilitate research in the genetics of psychiatric disorders, substance use disorders and allied traits
• Promote education, both of the scientific community and of the lay public
• Encourage communication and collaboration between researchers
• Encourage the development of research methods and, where possible, encourage comparability and replicability of results
• Strive for the highest ethical standards in research and the application of findings from genetic research in clinical psychiatric practice
BECOME A MEMBER:
To become a 2014 member, student member or to renew your membership complete the membership form
and email it or fax it to the ISPG Executive office.
International Society of Psychiatric Genetics
5034-A Thoroughbred Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: +001 615 649 3086
Fax: +001 888 417 3311